DEPARTMENT OF MOLECULAR GENETICS EXAMINATIONS
Head of the Department: Marine R. Baghdasaryan
Tell: +37410-52- 75-00
Department performs molecular genetics examinations utilizing the methods of molecular genetics according to the International standards and requirements.
Examinations are carried out through the DNA tests methods:
- Paternity/Maternity DNA test /establishment of the biological paternal of parent with accuracy of 99.999% and exclusion of paternity/maternity with accuracy of 100%/
- Human Identification
- Identification of biological samples with suspect/victim or evidential material
- Determination of sex or establishment of sexual identity on evidential material
- Identification of unidentified corpses /DNA kinship-reference analysis/
- Identification of human remains
Department of Molecular Genetics Examinations is equipped with modern equipment and special forensic genetic kits developed for carrying out molecular genetics examinations with application of multiplex STR systems.
Department of Molecular Genetics Examinations performing laboratory diagnostics of viral infections and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) using techniques of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and immunoferment analysis (ELISA).
Division of Forensic Biochemistry: Forensic Biochemistry Division performs biochemical and immunoassay tests examinations in order to investigate and establish the systemic patho-physiological changes involved in the death process that cannot usually be detected by morphological methods; ‘pathophysiological vital reactions’.
These procedures are providing useful support for pathological evidence by ‘visualization’ of functional alterations, and are also essential for the pathognomonic assessment of both the cause and process of death.
Department performs examinations based on Law enforcement bodies decisions and private individual’s proposals as well.
Forensic Genetics Experts:
Diana Harutyunyan (PhD)